Glimpses of Adichunchanagiri Shikshana Trust (R)
The Adishunchanagiri Mahasamstana mutt, with its roots firmly embeded in the folds of time (about 2000yrs), space and religion on a rocky hill about 100 Kms west of Bangalore city has been working towards the settlement of human life and society. Following the Guru-Shishya tradition, the mutt has been string hard to elevate mankind slowly but steadily.
The mutt's benevolent activities of social service gained an accelerated momentum in the form of present pontiff Jagadguru Sri Sri Sri Balagangadharanatha Swamiji, 7th in the holy lineage, who ascended the revered seat in 1974. under his stewardship, the mutt galvanized its activities if social service through education of the people, spreading far, wide and to every nook and corner of the state, through the Adichunchanagiri Shikshan Trust®, Mandya.
The trust is an integral part of one of the finest centre of learning in India, which includes institutes of Medical Sciences, Technology, Pharmacy, Polytechnic, Nursing Education… and a host of secondary and senior secondary school. B.G.S. Education Centre is one such institute which aims at the all-round development of the child.
The TRUST considers schools as the most effective agent in promoting the integral formation of the child in the gospel spirit of love and freedom-a love that excludes no one because of religion, region, nationality or race. The school's educational service aims to prepare students to be intellectually competent, morally sound, psychologically whole, socially-responsible, formulating friendly and harmonious interpersonal relationships, imbued with a deep sense of noble values and concern for the less fortunate and ever open to further growth.
The TRUST endeavours to create a School climate as a nucleus of a more enlightened progressive society by :-
- providing a healthy and morally sound life style that liberates the child from the evil forces in the cultural, economical, social and political fields.
- Rejecting counter values that threaten human dignity, viz, violence, racial hatred, injustice and crime.
- Rooting out all manifestations of egoism, namely rebellion, jealousy, antipathy, hatred and revenge.
- Fostering noble virtues like affection, respect, obedience, gentleness, forgiveness, gratitude and helpfulness.
- Promulgating peace, justice, freedom, concern and progress for all, especially the down trodden, while bearing in mind that each one of us is created by God in his own image.
- Pursuing excellence, in the fullest possible development of dimensions of personality, for a society that today, more than ever, strives to engage men and women of high professional competence, moral integrity and dedication.
- Relying on the whole hearted co-operation of the parents, authentic personal example of inspired, competent and commuted teachers and genuine receptivity of students.
Below are but a few of the big educational institutions established and run by Sri Adichunchanagiri Shikshana Trust (R) and Math.
- Sri Kalabhairaveshwara Veda, Agama Sanksrit College, Sri kshetra.
- Sri Gangadhareshwara Anathashrama, Sri Kshetra
- Sri Bhaktanatha Swamy Anathalaya, Sri Kshetra
- Sri Chandrashekharanatha Swamiji Vidyarthi Nilaya, Sri Kshetra
- Sri Gangadhareshwara Swamy Composite PU College, Sri Kshetra
- Sri Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences, B.G. Nagar, Mandya Dist.
- AIMS Post Graduate Centre, B.G. Nagar
- SAC Hospital and Cancer Research Centre, B.G. Nagar
- SAC College of Nursing, B.G. Nagar
- SAC College of Pharmacy, B. G. Nagar
- SAC College of Physical Education, B.G. Nagar
- Sri Bhaktanatha Swamiji Composite Junior College, B.G. Nagar
- SAC College of Arts and Commerce Nagamangala Mandya Dist.
- Viswamanava Residential institutions Kommerahalli Mandya Taluk.
- BGS Heart Hospital, Mandya
- BGS Hi-tech Hospital, Mysore
- Adichunchanagiri Rotary Hospital Ramanagara Bangalore Rural
- Sri Adichunchanagiri ITI, Melukote
- SKS Ayurvedic Medical College, Hospital and Research Centre, Bangalore
- SAC Mahila Sevashrama, Bangalore
- BGS International Residential School, Kumbalagodu, Bangalore South
- BGS International School of Journalism, Kumbalagodu, Bangalore South
- BGS School for Blind, Ramanagara
- SJB Institute of Technology, Kengeri, Bangalore South
- Gnanavikasa Polytechnic, Chitradurga
- Sri Kalabhairaveshwara Swamy Polytechnic, Kanakapura
- SAC College of Arts, Science & Commerce, Channarayapatna
- SAC College of Education, Channarayapatna
- JCS ITI, Nelamangala
- BGS Educational Academy, Mangalore
- SAC Women's College Kambam Tamilnadu
- DML College of Nursing, Erode, Tamilnadu
- Deaf and Dumb School, Kambam,Tamilnadu
- SAC Oldage Home, Kambam, Tamilnadu
- BGS Educational Academy, New Delhi
- Balajagath Institutions, K.R. Nagar, Mysore
- Nehru Vidyashala Composite PU College, Mayasandra
- Adichunchanagiri Institute of Technology, Chikkamagalur
- SJC Institute of Technology, Chikkaballapur
Several nursery, primary, middle schools and high schools all over the state are being run by the Trust. These educational institutions provide general and technical education to more than 30,000 students. Free and General hostels are being run in Sri Kshetra, Chunchanakatte - Mandya, Mysore, Bangalore and a few other district head quarters. There are 5000 poor students getting this help.
BGS INSTITUTIONS, Mangalore
- BGS EDUCATIONAL CENTRE Affiliated to CBSE, Delhi
- BGS HIGHER PRIMARY SCHOOL
- BGS HIGHSCHOOL Affiliated to Karnataka Secondary Education Board.
- BGS COMPOSITE PU COLLEGE
- BGS BOYS HOSTEL.